- Guns blazing, media yet again takes aim at the mere existence of the American people. The media is therefore America's number one enemy.
- margin of twelve to one,
- the coverage has been heavily negative: ABC, CBS, and NBC all are ripping Arizona’s immigration law.
- when the media is a subsidiary of Big Brother.
- suddenly becomes “controversial.”
Now, there is a debate to be had on this law, and there is some inherent controversy in it to be sure, but the media hysteria certainly makes for a teachable moment in just how biased the media can be when they put their minds to it.
From the article:
- ABC, CBS, and NBC denounced the popular will as short-sighted and discriminatory.
From April 23 to May 3, the top three television networks offered viewers 50 stories and interview segments on their morning and evening news programs. The tone was strongly hostile to the law and promotional to the “growing storm” of left-wing protesters: 37 stories (or 74 percent) were negative, 10 were neutral, and only three were positive toward the Arizona law’s passage –
- 12 negative stories for every one that leaned positive.
- Stories were much kinder and sympathetic to illegal aliens than they were to police officers.
Cops were potential abusers of power. Entering the country illegally was not an abuse of power. It was portrayed as an honorable step by the powerless.
Read the full article here. " from BigJournalism.com 5/7, Frank Ross
The soundbite count was also slanted, with 92 quotes against the law and only 52 in favor. The pro-law numbers, however, included many soundbites of Arizona public officials defending themselves against liberal charges that they were racists or in favor of racial profiling.